Any idea what NEXT SEASON's challenge will be

do y’all have any idea what next season’s challenge will be.

0 Likes

Water game.

1 Like

Will everybody please stop with the water game. That is completely unfair for teams with less funding, as they may not be able to buy V5

0 Likes

Sponsors can happen…

0 Likes

Water game just isn’t practical for a whole litany of reasons.
If I were to hazard a guess, it’ll probably be a shooting game. I hope so, I miss flywheels :wink:

0 Likes

Uhh, I’m not sure if you got the joke or not. The water game is just a joke that’s been going on since forever. If you got the joke, maybe I just missed your humor. Otherwise, I guess you’re “educated” now on VEX “memes”. Believe me, you’ll hear a lot more about a water game in the upcoming months.

0 Likes

Agreed! I really want more flywheels, especially with the new V5 motors!

0 Likes

+420

To answer the OP’s question, no, no one except GDC knows next year’s game. I personally think “Hole in One”, something involving shooting precision targets into holes, but we’ll see together.

0 Likes

DId anyone predict Turning point

That would actually be a blessing. If there were multiple size targets or holes or something, it would be challenging for the veteran teams and have an easier aspect for the rookie teams.

0 Likes

I’m hoping for a game that has similar goals to the frc frisbee game but with game objects the size of hockey pucks. This is a very challenging object to pick up and shoot because its orientation must be kept and it will be tough to pick up off the ground. It would also be a welcomed change to have increased match times and a larger field, even if it is only 14x14.

0 Likes

Shooting water.

1 Like

Putting fires out…

0 Likes

My guess it will be some sort of launching game, like toss up.

0 Likes

I am thinking that there may be another “thing” spanning across the perimeter, as well as I am thinking we may be having increased human interaction and maybe possibly going back to round or cubed objects.
Just a prediction though :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Please not another fence. Although it would be good if they made defense harder than offense.

0 Likes

Everyone saying “water game” is obviously joking, there’s a billion problems with a water game

0 Likes

Pucks would be interesting. Haven’t had pucks in VEX. Did about almost 10 years ago in FTC though

0 Likes

+1
pucks would be really cool, a game where you could slide them around into different places, and stuff.

0 Likes

I hope it’s not stacking. I’m sorry but especially at local competition stacking can be really boring for spectators. I hope that it’s something back and forth like star struck. If they don’t do something like that then I hope it will have both offensive and defensive elements where the defensive rules are very clearly outlined.

0 Likes

Shooting water would be very interesting and fun to watch if that’s what you want. :wink:

Seriously though, Nothing but Net was fun to watch and had minimal defense. Bring back the flywheels!!!

0 Likes