Any idea what NEXT SEASON's challenge will be

guys. skipping pucks off water into precision goals.

0 Likes

Actually… nbn was kinda boring… no expansion allowed and robots were left with nothing to do in the last 30sec…

0 Likes

It would’ve been way more interesting if there was one more thing, perhaps some balls were harder to get to, or bonus balls were a different size. NbN was a great game, but I feel like it was a little too singularly focused

0 Likes

I totally agree with that… eg. it would be more interesting if it was mobile nets instead of fixed, or specific color balls for different alliance, etc.

0 Likes

I just want to see some DEFENSE again (descoring is fun). That and rules that can be more easily understood by students and enforced by volunteers. I understand that reading the rule book and pushing the limits of those rules is part of the learning process, but it was a little too muddy this year.

0 Likes

please be something with lifts
that is my specialty even if its a shooting game but you can expand…

0 Likes

hmmm…I’m hoping for a shooting game
because we failed at states we have to start designing again now xD

0 Likes

The main idea of the game should be setting mobile targets on fire
(The entire field we be underwater of course)

0 Likes

I like that. Reset is difficult, though.

0 Likes

Shooting flaming pucks though a waterfall onto goals

0 Likes

skipping gasoline-soaked flaming pucks across a swimming pool to try to burn the other teams field setup.

0 Likes

ooooooooo i like

0 Likes

The back and forth nature of starstruck was good but I would like a shooting game like NBN except with goals that could be descored from.

STOP TALKING ABOUT BIG LIFTS THE ALLUMINUM ISN’T YOURS IT’S THE SCHOOL’S

0 Likes

True that. I’m hoping that they took into account the upgrade cost of the v5 and intentionally avoided games that would require large material purchases.

Essentially I’m saying I’d prefer something more along the lines of NBN than Skyrise.

0 Likes

well last year was similar to Clean Sweep, and this year has elements of Round Up. So I imagine next year’s game might have aspects similar to gateway

But that’s just a wild guess

¯_(ツ)_/¯

could be cool to see the return of the doubler and negator objects

0 Likes

I know this isn’t going to be popular but another year that you aren’t allowed to expand could be interesting

0 Likes

#IQ and #NBN

0 Likes

The doubler and negator were among the best game elements of all time

0 Likes

I’m in for either of those. Again, reset seems problematic.

0 Likes

You’d have a distinct advantage!

0 Likes