Any idea what NEXT SEASON's challenge will be

it will probably be a weird game with Big bouncy balls and small cubes where robots will have to worry more about accuracy rather than power.

0 Likes

I would like a shooting game if there was a defensive factor. I feel like a big part to a healthy game is both offense and defense especially if they play a somewhat equal part. If you make offense AND defense important it would create opportunities for off meta builds and in depth discussions of strategy. It would also require people to think harder about how adept there robot is to these factors.

0 Likes

Vex hasn’t had a shooting game for 2 years so many people want one and it’s unlikely they would not have one next season.

0 Likes

Integrate an in-air targeting defense to knock your opponent’s projectiles off course using PIXY cam

0 Likes

Panda shhhhhhhh… we dont want other teams revealing our design ideas this early…

0 Likes

How?

0 Likes

Time machine… I can’t believe I didn’t notice that…

0 Likes

climbing a tower or hang robots with shooting game maybe interesting, just a thought.

0 Likes

Scoring zones are stacked on top of each other and your robot must climb/lift on top of a platform to get to the better scoring zones. The robot will also have to lift another robot in order to get to the highest scoring zone.

0 Likes

Basically NBN

0 Likes

@Ken let’s not go into FRC Power Up

0 Likes

I would enjoy this game sooo much. It’s like NBN overdrive

0 Likes

I hope it’s a mixture of some of the previous years challenge

0 Likes

It would be cool to see a combo of 2 past games such as this year being skyrise + roundup (#vexmemes). I just hope they make defense and offense equally important and a game where multiple meta designs all work equally well. I also hope defensive strategies could be clearly defined in the game in itself so little problems occur such as past years.

0 Likes

I would want a fast-paced shooting game that can have massive comebacks in the late parts of the matches like in Starstruck. For example, there is a way to descore balls or game objects and there is a back and forth motion.

0 Likes

Random idea: A “clean your yard” type of game where you need to shoot balls onto the other side of the field, but there are specific “hoops/holes” that you must shoot them through. That would be cool!

0 Likes

I think that a future game may involve sorting coloured objects and scoring them. Especially with the new vision sensor. It would be more about the use of sensors and precision than anything else. Maybe not next season but maybe in the future when nearly everyone has V5.

0 Likes

They may do this for the upcoming season to force teams to switch over sooner. It wouldn’t be nice of them but I could definitely see it happening. At a bare minimum, I think the number of colors in the game elements will increase substantially over the course of the next couple seasons.

0 Likes

I highly doubt they will do a game like at least until V5 is mandatory, but you CAN detect color with the current system via a light sensor and a filter, so I guess it’s not entirely impossible…

0 Likes

Anything with flywheels, lifts are getting too boring…

0 Likes