Any idea what NEXT SEASON's challenge will be

That’s my thought as well. Additionally, a precision shooting game will help to minimize the OPness of v5, especially with the expected motor penalty.

0 Likes

So people think that next years game will try to level the playing field between v5 and cortex. Since the games are done (or at least conceptualized) years before they are run, I doubt that next game will really be designed to nerf v5. If anything, shouldn’t ITZ be designed to limit v5’s OPness b/c v5 was supposed to release for this year?

0 Likes

(I had this idea in the shower this morning so don’t judge me). Ok… So. Hot potato, but with robots. Give everyone a new sensor that is REQUIRED for all bots and set up an interactive field with that same sensor. Field completely open and set or throw a potato on the bot. Set up a time limit and when it hits zero, that bot is disabled. If the time is up and it’s not on a bot, that entire side is disabled. Objective: survive.

0 Likes

If anything, next years game I think will be a lot simpler than ITZ. Most high caliber teams have 5 subsystems which is much more difficult to do with 8 motors than 12. A simpler game would favor a faster switch to v5. Also, idk why they wouldn’t have edited the game at least over the past year to speed up the switch to v5 because in the end we can’t say that vex doesn’t want to make more money.

0 Likes

closed #69
0 Likes