Anyone have an LCD screen available?

We have a broken LCD and need one for an upcoming competition. Does anyone who has moved to V5 have an LCD they would be willing to sell us?

Do you mean the old UART screen for cortex or a whole new v5 brain?
As far as I’m aware there isn’t any replacement parts for just the brain lcd on the market right now, you’d have to replace the entire brain.
Edit: vex support might be able to repair just the screen for less than a full brain purchase, but probably wouldn’t send you the part itself

My guess is cortex because they are asking people who have moved on to v5 which would make their teams have spare motors and stuff from the old system.

1 Like

@sabarrett328 I have a lot of V4 parts and discontinued parts available, including the LCD screen, IME’s, and the VEX Speaker. If you need ANYTHING in related to V4, even spare motors if you need them, I have it and I am willing to ship it to you for free. Contact me at 1814delta@gmail.com and we can discuss further about this.

1 Like

Just so you are aware that I am not scamming in any way, shape, or form, I have pictures of all V4 discontinued items and additional items that are wasting my space. If anyone else needs a discontinued item you can contact me as well. This is, of course, a limited supply. Everything within this picture is fully functional.

1 Like

Is that a speaker I see?

1 Like

Yes, and it suprisingly is not blown out with all the anime I played on it
Edit//: Yes, I have been given permission by my parents to give away my V4 items.

2 Likes

Ya know, I might actually be interested in using some of those for creating a robot using 3d printed parts

Also Shrek the musical

1 Like

Thanks to those that replied, and big thanks to Connor for the offer. We really appreciate it.

2 Likes

I’ll take the thank you but after this line was posted I’m surprised

1 Like

You could find one used probably on eBay, some retired teams sell their parts there.

That sounds like something a scammer would say

1 Like

You realized you replied to yourself right?

but then again i could just be about to get r/woooooooooooooshed

That sounds like something an accomplice would say to build up the credibility of the scammer using reverse phycology

3 Likes

That sounds paranoid

3 Likes

So far I have given away 3 batteries, 1 charger, 2 battery clips, 3 motors, 1 motor controller, an LCD screen, 2 Y-Cables, and 1 VEX speaker.
I have the following remaining:

• 10 Motor controllers
  • 4 V4 Batteries
  • 5 V4 Chargers
  • A buttload of internal gears (Torque, High Speed, and Turbo)
  • 11 2-Wire 393 motors
  • 1 3-Wire servo
  • 2 Integrated Motor Encoders (One of them has a motor on them)
  • 1 Gyroscope
  • 1 9V battery wire and housing
  • 1 Expander
  • 2 Cortexes (One of them had the shell dipped in paint and it looks REALLY good)
  • 2 Master Controllers
  • 1 Partner Controller (Including wire)
  • 2 Ultrasonic Sensors
  • 2 Unopened Encoder Boxes (Or 4 encoders)
  • Free Stickers and Personal letters written (Usually also containing advice to further improve build quality or the team as a whole, if I can find your team on the internet)
    Additional note: I am not responsible if the item is broken. I am near-certain everything is fully functional and working but I do not wish to be held responsible for something in case they are broken.
2 Likes

I mean, you don’t have to trust me if you don’t want to. It just means more items for another team who needs it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Soooooo, do you fax or send pics of the letters? Because I’m interested in those.

1 Like

I put the letter in the same box as the items.