Anyone know how to put the spring back into the vex claw kit?

I was assembling the VEX Claw kit, and took apart the claw a bit, and before i could get a look at how the spring is attached, it sprung off. I’m not sure how to put it back on.

I checked the CAD, but it doesn’t show the spring on it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edit: Here’s a picture of the claw disassembled with the spring detached. I’m not sure how to attach the spring so that it springs the claw shut.

Imgur

What you have to do is sit each hole of the spring around the circles on the end of the outer extensions (the ones without gears on them)

In the process though, the small “fingers” on each side of the spring must be placed so they fit into the gap on the inside of each outer extension.

Sorry if that’s confusing. :o If I had a picture of an assembled one I would show you. If someone else here does however, that would be very helpful.

Is this what you’re describing?
Imgur

When I do that, it doesn’t spring closed, and before I took it apart, it would spring closed when no other forces were acting on it.

Did I misunderstand part of your explanation?

That’s almost it. Now you just need to put the parts of the spring I have circled yellow on each side where the blue circles are on their respective sides. Then it will spring shut. :slight_smile:
Claw.jpg

Thank you!

Your very welcome :slight_smile: