Are VRC slides illegal?

Before you yell at me and say use the search bar, I did. The only topic is from 13 years ago.

A design I made requires use of the linear slide (Image below). We have them at our school, but are not sure if they are legal, for us not being able to find them on the website. If you know if they are still legal, please let me know. Thanks!

2 Likes

You did not attach an image. Regardless, the linear slides are legal. You can find them here. Please look a little harder next time.

15 Likes

My bad, I had to run off and do something and forgot about it. I will try to look harder next time.

3 Likes

That photo is of the newer linear slides released in like 2019. They’re very legal

5 Likes

And what about the ones prior to 2019 where it’s interlocking metal for the entire length of the slide?

3 Likes

Update…the V1 slides are legal, but the dinosaur slides Foster is talking about are not…

Still legal, because it’s on the “discontinued but still legal” parts list: https://www.vexrobotics.com/v5-discontinued.html

9 Likes

We have these but the slides are green.

No, the old interlocking ones are not legal any more. Those didn’t use the green trucks that came with the previous version of the linear slides pictured on the discontinued parts page.

1 Like

I didn’t catch that…Foster is talking about some really old stuff… I edited my answer above.

To be clear the ones you’re talking about are the metal on metal slides and those were discontinued long before 2019.

4 Likes

yea, @Foster is referring to the linear slide kit.

discontinued sometime in 2011 but still available in 2014. I know the school I’m associated with has multiple sets of these.

7 Likes

We did not start until 2011 and we still have the all metal sides. It’s a shame that they are no longer legal because they are superior than the plastic trucks and slides for competition.

5 Likes

Find my youtube channel if you want some good slide info.

1 Like

+10000

That plastic green thingy wriggle too much.
Better off making our own linear slides.

1 Like