Auton Point Clarification

My team and I have a few questions about the auton point system this year:

• Does parking on the platform during auton count for points towards autonomous?
  • If we brought a neutral goal to our alliance side, would it add points to our alliance during autonomous?
    Thanks!
2 Likes

I think this is a fair question, but think we can work to the answer:

What do the rules say about the Platform with respect to scoring?

What do the rules say about scoring the mobile goals? What constitutes a “scored mobile goal”?

We looked at the rules, but we were unclear if the end of auton is scored the same as the end of driver control.

I do not believe that platforms can provide any points towards the autonomous bonus because of the definition of balanced and elevated:

Balanced - A Platform state. A Platform is considered Balanced if all of the following criteria are met at
the end of a Match

Elevated - A Robot and / or Mobile Goal state. A Robot or Mobile Goal is considered Elevated if all of the
following criteria are met at the end of a Match

See that part of the definitions includes that it must be at the end of the match. Therefore no robots or goals would ever meet the definition of elevated, nor would the platform ever meet the definition of balanced at the end of autonomous.

13 Likes

That makes sense. Thank you so much for the help!

It would seem to me like that interpretation is correct, but it apparently wasn’t during Tower Takeover.

TT definition of “Scored” (emphasis mine):

Scored - A Cube status. A Cube is considered Scored in a Goal Zone at the end of a Match if it is not contacting a Robot of the same Alliance color as the Goal Zone, and meets the criteria of being either a Base Cube or a Stacked Cube.

The definitions of “Base” and “Stacked” Cubes are the same.

As we know, Cubes in the Goal Zones at the end of Autonomous were considered “Scored,” even though it wasn’t the end of the Match. I think we need official clarification on:

• If Platforms can be “Balanced” at the end of auton.
  • If Robots and / or Mobile Goals can be “Elevated” at the end of auton.
  • If Mobile Goals can be “Scored” at the end of Auton.

The last one applies because of the following wording in the Scoring section (emphasis mine):

A Mobile Goal is considered Scored in an Alliance Home Zone if, at the end of the Match, any part of the Mobile Goal Base is contacting the Alliance Home Zone.

8 Likes

In addition to backing up @Xenon27’s reply, the GDC has confirmed that there are no points for elevation in auton through this official Q&A.
https://www.robotevents.com/VRC/2021-2022/QA/809

6 Likes