Autonomous is not responding

So I am trying to program an autonomous for our robot. I sent the code to our driver and the autonomous at least did something on his brain set. I picked up my own electronics set, and now, the autonomous doesn’t respond at all. It won’t even do a basic task like spin a motor. I’ve tried downloading to different slots, firmware is up to date, I tried with PROS and VexCode, I’m on the competition template, but nothing works. Everything is fine in driver control though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are you using a competition switch or one of the brain’s settings to trigger the auton?

I don’t have access to a switch, so I’m doing it off the controller options.

Could you post your code?

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 11.25.07 PM

That shows very little as it’s just a function that’s defined elsewhere. I would suggest putting simple a motor.spin command for an available motor and see if it spins. If it does, it’s a problem, and if it doesn’t, it’s a problem with the brain/controller/downloading.

1 Like

Oh yeah, I tried that as well earlier. I tried to rule out a downloading issue by making the controller do a different vibration pattern at startup, and that works fine

Thank you so much! We had a team meeting and figured out that it’s because I wasn’t “building” the PROS project before uploading it to the brain.

1 Like