Axels from coming out of motors

Thanks for the picture!! I’m going to guess that the left hand supports are twisting away from the motor just enough to let the axle out.

I’m going to assume there is a bearing block on the otherside of the two screws. (If not, there should be. There should be enough space to slide a collar into the gap between it and the motor. A little hard to get to, but doable.

Can you put something across the gap between the two supports, like some 1x strip to hold them together?

3 Likes

This is one of my favorite tricks, helps a lot when you have to cantilever.

Thank you everyone but my team has found a temporary solution and I are using it to get through with our competition next week!!!

Guess what! It stopped working again! Do y’all know anything else, my team and I have tried what yall have said and we have still failed to succed?

so make sure there are bearing flats
make sure it is crossbraced
sandinch in a shaft collar between the motor and the c channel and put the coller up against the channel and tighten as much as possible
the collar against the channel will keep it in

1 Like

After trying everything everything in this thread, if it still doesn’t work, this will be ruled as incompetence, or lubricated shafts lol.

Maybe I’m reading too far into this, but are you having a skipping problem as well? If there is too much weight on your arm, you’ll hear a clicking as the motor tries to lift, but the teeth on those gears are skipping because of the weight. In that case, the shaft is not coming out of the motor, the system just cant handle the forces.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure you can only use Loctite on screws and the like. Don’t the rules allow for thread sealant? That would just be gluing the axle into the motor so I’d assume that’s against the rules and is considered cheating.

2 Likes

You put a shaft collar between the C-channel and the motor and it came out?

2 Likes

This may be weird considering VEX wants you to use small gears to lift heavy things, but small gears produce low torque and high speed and big gears produce high torque and low speed. I think? Correct me if I’m wrong.

Not quite - what matters is the relative size (or more precisely, number of teeth) of two gears that are meshing. If the output gear has more teeth than the input gear, the output will turn slower (and with more torque) than the input; if the output gear has fewer teeth, it’ll turn faster with less torque.

8 Likes

I think theee must be some type of misunderstanding when he read through the forum so I think someone needs to show him a specific design and if that doesn’t work we would probably then need a video of what’s going on.