Bad EXP sensor ports

I am teaching my students about the various types of sensors which can be used on the EXP robots. I passed out the version 4 bumper sensors to 15 different groups today. On one robot, none of the V4 sensor ports detect any signal from the bumper sensor I gave them. I gave them a different sensor. We had the same results. These two sensors worked just fine on another robot, so I know it is a port issue. Has anyone else experienced this? The brain is still under warranty, so I know I should be able to get it replaced. I am guessing there isn’t a ‘reset’ switch somewhere either??

Thanks!

2 Likes

Did the 3wire device show up in the devices screen ? and the bumper was not working when the 3wire port was selected and set to digital input using devices screen ?

6 Likes

Same issue. 7 EXP kits. One brain doesn’t respond to known-good bumper switches on any of the A-H ports. Any other path to resolution other than a warranty return?

Also, when I try to do a factory reset, the programs stored in slots and the brain name remain. Shouldn’t a factory reset reset those? I’m concerned I’m not doing it right but can’t find any info beyond selecting factory reset in the brain menus.