Battery/Brain

I am EXTREMELY new and I know this sounds like a stupid question, but we are having trouble getting the brain released from the battery. We are pushing down on the release and trying to push it forward, but it will not budget. What are we doing wrong?

You aren’t doing anything wrong. Some of the batteries are extremely tight. Push the tab and then push the battery really hard from the back, while pushing on the brain in the opposite direction.

Some people have noticed extra plastic around the edge where the top and bottom of the battery pack case joins. And they have shaved or sanded off the plastic just very SLIGHTLY and it seemed to help.

You might also try calling vex tech support. They are excellent at working through issues and may have a better solution.

1 Like

Thank you very much! We were afraid we were going to break the tab off trying to get it out!

Its a bit tricky. Just try to keep that tab depressed while pushing from both sides and it shouldnt break.

1 Like

Read this thread

2 Likes

Thank you! I appreciate your help!

We even used a flat letter opener, but no force would push it separate. So far, none of the other ones are like that. We are able to remove them. Vex is replacing this one. Thank you!

“I CANNOT GET THE BATTERY TO COME OUT”
“I CANNOT GET THE BATTERY TO STAY IN”
Body message is not clear enough

What are you talking about? Every message in this thread is about not being able to get the battery out.