Battery troubles: Green and red flashing lights and voltage errors

battery%20diagnostic%20results

I was able to follow the instructions for how to diagnose battery problems and here’s the diagnostic results. Behavior: even when fully charged it doesn’t power the brain for longer than a few seconds before shutting off. Tried to reset the battery multiple times and checked the firmware. Not sure what else can be done. Is it shot?

What can I do?

1 Like

It looks like you are having under volt errors (by the 184 counter). I recommend to charge it for an extended period of time (like a full day or more) and “stress test” it, (I usually prefer to attach like 10 motors and run them at full for a min or so.

I wouldn’t trust them in a competition for a while, but a few of ours that did this eventually recovered, although they are clearly marked “not reliable” still.

@jpearman was the one who helped me diagnose last time I had issues

The fact that cell 1 is already at 2.96V is not good. If you charge when connected to the V5 with the battery medic running, does the pack voltage reach 14.4V ?

Not sure why your cycle counter is also 0.

1 Like

OK i’ll try charging it for at least 12 hours and see if that helps.

Thanks I’ll try that and get back to you.

yea, that probably will not help.
We have a maximum charge time of somewhere around 3 hours, if pack voltage reaches 14.4V then charge will terminate and the four green led will flash occasionally. Run the medic program and see if cell 1 drops in voltage quickly, if that happens then that’s your issue.

1 Like