Best features to put on a tipping point robot

Ok, so this post is mainly going to be for the new people to get advice for features to put on a Vex Tipping Point robot. But also this column is for people who have more experience with building.

Um, I have to ask a question:

Is this thread really necessary?

I mean, there are threads talking about Tipping Point robots, and threads talking about ringles vs. mogos.

If it is necessary (or at least, worthy of existence), shouldn’t in be in #vrc-discussion:vrc-tipping-point-21-22 ?

To answer the original question, definitely a drivetrain. :blush:. I find a lift to be nice as well.

12 Likes

Brain, radio, battery, and motors are usually top picks.

17 Likes

I’d say wheels would be a good thing to add as well

6 Likes

Using pneumatics to change what a motor is powering could be useful in VRC, especially if you want a 6 motor drive

1 Like

Stickers are pretty cool especially when they promote certain people for GDC

14 Likes

by this they mean flex wheels ofc

nothing else compares in my opinion

1 Like

Y’all are forgetting screws tho

2 Likes

YOU uses SCREWS that is an ABSOLUTE DISGRACE you clearly don’t understand POP rivets is where its at :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Are you kidding me? We only use zipties!

3 Likes

rubber bands work extremely well

1 Like

I’d say gears and sprockets!

All credit to @avspark

8 Likes

have you ever tried to hold a robot together with sheer will power? you might be surprised what might happen

3 Likes

Yes, yes I have.

I was smacked in the face by a tray bot…:crazy_face:

3 Likes

have you ever tried to hold a robot together with sheer will power?

there was a team last year who held half their robot together with rubber bands, like little to no structural components, just rubber bands. the robot bounced when it moved.

Multiple, similar threads already exist.