Biggest mysteries on your vex team?

What was the weirdest, most inexplicable thing or event that happened to your team. What do you think REALLY happened?

1 Like

Mine was when we got back from a 3-day weekend, someone had wrapped the sides of our table in electrical tape. I think a freshman needs to be taught a lesson…

2 Likes

Last week before spring break. We leave our robot out after practice on Tuesday and then come work on it during Wednesday lunch. By Thursday’s practice, we found that someone (we had vague idea of who it was after a little investigating) had pushed on our flywheel + intake system, screwing everything over. Needless to say, our suspect was banned form that room.

1 Like

We got back from a weekend and someone had cut the wires of a bunch of cortex motors

1 Like

I can’t 100% verify this but our teacher told us this happened. The year before I got up to my high school someone had taken all of our vexnet keys but a few and completely squished them in the vise as well as other part destruction but that was the biggest. There was no 100% proof who it was but everyone thought it was this one dude but nothing happened to them. Luckily Cortex would be phased out a season later.

Our teacher tried to get cameras set up in the robotics room so nothing like that could happen again but the school wouldn’t allow it, he left a year later for a way better job after not caring or helping at all his last year there, my freshmen year.
Good times, while our team was killing each other at state he was taking up our entire pit table playing minecraft.

11 Likes

Every single one of our wrenches would disappear. In the TP season, we went through 30-40 wrenches. My teacher ended up creating a hidden supply in one of her filing cabinets.

8 Likes

We always used to fight over tools because, at the time, we didn’t have very many good screwdrivers.

Ultimately, screwdrivers we’re going missing and no one knew where they were. Turned out, people were hiding them in the ceiling tiles and we’re taping them inside cups underneath our lab tables.

8 Likes

A day before a competition our coach packed everything in a bus and took the bus home with him to travel easier, we forgot to pack one teams VRC net keys so I took them home with me so they wouldn’t forget them, I forgot they were in my car and they stayed there the rest of the season…

2 Likes

That is just sad that people could do such things! :angry:

Our biggest mystery are stripped hex screws and screwdrivers.

All four of us swear that we didn’t do it, yet we have to ask our mentor to resharpen them after every other meeting. Weird. :grin:

4 Likes

Yeah, this happens to us lol, also someone peeled an cortex battery once, lol

1 Like

one time one of our robots drove off a table. it was powered off. the controller was sitting on a counter behind us, powered off as well. nobody touched the controller. there was no autonomous program. how did this happen

10 Likes

I now believe in ghosts…

6 Likes

We would always have about 15 of one type of screwdriver, but then one or two of other screwdrivers. Whenever we visited our coach, the abundant screwdriver type always changed…:thinking:

1 Like

Almost every time we had a long weekend at school last season, we would get back and our two-ball catapult would shoot wrong and miss one or two flags. There is obviously a rodent infestation in our tech room.

3 Likes

My teams coder would always have auton running perfectly until we got to a competition and then it would brake the robot and nobody knows why :thinking:

5 Likes

We actually spent a tad bit more money and bought 2 screwdrivers that have a thin gold plating to make them a touch stronger, so far so good

2 Likes

@GalaxyGhost 's?

5 Likes

I though gold was weak though? Maybe it was gold painted tungsten. Tungsten is very similar in density to gold, which is why it is commonly used in fakes. If your screwdriver actually is tungsten, don’t worry, it’s very strong!

2 Likes

We discovered a programming computer that had a broken screen. It looked a bit suspicious as if someone tested their puncher on it.

5 Likes

That could be the case, I just heard that’s what’s on them

1 Like