My school just purchased two VEX IQ Classroom bundles. I had the students pull the batteries, chargers, and charging cords from the kits so that I could charge them. I have two shock protectors and I plugged in half of them to the protectors.
At first, they were all red to indicate that they were charging, but then they started to blink green. I switched off the power since that meant they were overheating. When I turned the power back on, they all blink red.
At first, I thought it was maybe a faulty battery… but could all of the batteries be faulty from both kits? That seems a little extreme. I unplugged one and plugged it into the wall thinking it was the protector… no dice: still blinking red.
Have I messed up and entire kit of batteries? What make them overheat in the first place?