Broken Link in Menu at Top

Website admins, for your information, the “PLTW” link in the menu bar at the top of the pages gives a 404 not found error.

Just wanted to let you know so it can be fixed.

This link?

It’s working for me
p.jpg

Mines fine too

Gonna jump on the bandwagon and say mine’s working as well.

kevin, could it be because we are canadian and PLTW is an american-only program? i get 404 as well

Yea that is probably the case, cause I get 404 too

After seeing the replies of it working I did feel a bit silly, but I checked again and it still gave a 404. So I dug a bit deeper and found out that when the “Ships From” is set to the USA it works, but if it is set to any other areas it gives the 404 page.

I know that PLTW is in the USA, but I still think this is an error that VEX would want to fix, because as far as I know BEST is also only in the USA.

Edit: Looking at it again, it seems the page is mostly products that are only sold in the USA, so maybe it isn’t a mistake, but I’m not sure if a 404 page is the best. I’ll let VEX decide if they want to change something, just wanted to let them know in case they didn’t know it yet.

Erm… if so, then why would I be able to see it if I’m in NZ?

Check what your “Ships from” drop down box is set to. If it’s USA you will be able to see it.

Ahh I getcha. Alright, well I suppose VEX should at least have a page saying “not available in your country” etc.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. As a few users have pointed out, certain sections of the VEX website are region-specific and triggered by the “Ships From” drop-down box in the top-right corner of the site.

BEST and PLTW are two such examples - both are US-based programs that use kits or components customized to fit their needs. Since they are US-based programs, our international warehouses have no reason to keep these components/kits in stock, so we simply remove that page from non-US visibility.

We have updated these two pages to display different landing messages when viewed from a non-US site. As always, feel free to post errors like this here on the forums or send them to support@vex.com and we’ll do what we can to get them fixed quickly!