Can some one help me i need to make a autonomous program

can someone help me with this thank you because I am new to the text program and I don’t know how to make an autonomous

1 Like

Can you clarify please, I would really like to help you.

i am looking for like a basic starter code for autonomous

There is now basic starting code. There are many different ways to program an auton each has different accuracy and each is a different level of complexity. You also need to consider what you want your auton to do.

I want mine to move forward and I have 3 motors just for an arm like system I want it so when it starts it moves the arm out then grabs a ball then get it so it puts it in the hoop then retreats the arm then retreats to the square

or is this too ambitious

Well I don’t know your programming capabilities so first what program are you using to program vex code or pros?

Feel free to look at all of my code GitHub.com/VEX-EDR-SKYNET/States-code

2 Likes

i am using text for v5

so heres a basic command that uses time to spin the motors it is very basic if you feel like you can do more advanced programing you can try using encoders

RF.spin(directionType::fwd, Full, velocityUnits::pct);
RB.spin(directionType::fwd, Full, velocityUnits::pct);
LF.spin(directionType::fwd, Full, velocityUnits::pct);
LB.spin(directionType::fwd, Full, velocityUnits::pct);
wait(0.5, sec);
RF.stop(brakeType::brake);
RB.stop(brakeType::brake);
LF.stop(brakeType::brake);
LB.stop(brakeType::brake);

Check out some tutorials by @Connor here. I personally haven’t watched them, but knowing him they should be good. It also goes into more advanced stuff like pid. Also remember that time based code is not as good as using rotation commands like rotateto

2 Likes

thanks i will check them out

Yes, I think this a perfect example for beginners at coding autonomous. It is very easy to use after a while. On the other hand it is not very consistent. This is what I was taught when I first started.

1 Like

I don’t know about being not very consistant, I got a 99% accurate 4 cube auton last season

Time code is generally not as consistent as encoder based movement. There are many things that can impact time code and if you were to adjust the speed of the motors you would also have to readjust the time as well. I have seen some successful time based autons but encoders will be better and more consistent for longer, more complex autons with multiple turns and movements.

@enothecool is right about this.

Timing-based is generally not as accurate or consistent as rotation-based.
because there are a few things that will give you inconsistency if you are using timing-based.
eg. friction on different playing fields’ tiles, battery level, etc.

And this error is accumulative., meaning, the more movements the robot is making, the more obvious the error.

But i do agree - timing-based is a good start for beginners, they can slowly learn to “replace” the timing with other forms of controls.

5 Likes

well I don’t know if I was doing something wrong then but what ever. I have moved on to raw.

In specific skills was really not good because it was like different every single time. Sometimes It would work once and then never again.

1 Like

v5 blocks intensifies

2 Likes