Catapult: Bottom disk flipping into other disks causing the last one to fall short

Update to my previous post about disks not launching together, we did what Xenon advised, and recorded it in slo-mo. After tweaking the catapult bucket and other things, the top two disks flew together at a perfect trajectory, but the last disk would flip too soon, hit the other disks, and fall short. How can we stop the flipping of the disks, or can we make all three flip in unison? It almost creates a “windshield wiper” effect, where the last disk hits the other two and gets left behind. Any suggestions?
I’ll attach a video below Vex robotics Catapult issue - YouTube (Sorry about the poor quality, hopefully the idea can still be conveyed)

Maybe try messing with the release angle so the discs rotate less before entering the goal (it seems like the problem is the rotation of the discs ‘pushing’ one away from the stack). Maybe try having a higher release angle. You would probably have to increase or decrease cata power to compensate.

1 Like

Interesting. I might fiddle with that, but how would you then get them to shoot more upward? Change the angle of the bucket? Thanks for the response

Best way is probably to change the position of your stop.

No.

No.

The reason the disks are flipping is the angle of the disk at launch, not the cata. There is spin of the three disks together because of the 15 degree above parallel or so launch angle. Try angling the disks by putting something on the “shooting” side of the robot.

1 Like