Catapult lock

Does anyone know how to make a catapult ratchet that holds it down before shooting? Thinking of switching over to double catapult but we don’t know how to hold it down for loading or auto

Check out this thread: https://vexforum.com/t/8059a-and-d-singvex-reveal/48676/1 which does a good job of explaining the use of a ratchet mechanism and shows how theirs works.

^That thread is really good. If you need more specific help, it’ll be easier to help you. Such as how to make a custom ratchet, or the best axle to put the ratchet on.

Thanks, I think my main issue was I didn’t get it went on the driven gear instead of the catapult slip gear. Makes much more sense now that I’ve seen some pictures

For ratchet system … you may want to look at this too.

ratchet your slipgear’s shaft so that it can only spin in one direction. if you want details on how I did my ratchet, pm me.

Thanks, I got one that works now. Was easier than I thought it was. These are the pictures of what I ended up doing. If you guys have any feed back that would be great
IMG_20190109_203828544.jpg
IMG_20190109_203825976.jpg

don’t quite see how that’ll hold the shaft in place, or make it only go one way.