Catapult?

My catapult is not shooting high enough to go in the height goal any tips?

Add more rubber bands, and also please look into other topics before posting a new topic.

Thanks, and Welcome to Vex Fourm! :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

2 Likes

You don’t need to be mean man. Sometimes it’s hard to go off of other threads

1 Like

I was not trying to be rude, sorry if it turned out a mean manner.

Thx @Sharky_do and I will look at some other topics before posting a new one!

1 Like

I added some more rubber bands and it will shoot high enough now but it brakes every time I shoot

Can you share any images of this catapult? It would be much easier to help you if we knew what your design looks like

Sure I will get them as soon as I can

The catapult choo-choo mechanism

How/where does it break

@7996B It brakes in the two green circles

@7996B and @Derek would any other pictures of other parts of the catapult help?

Use the 0x3 nails and put them in so it would have to come through both beams to break.

I don’t have any 0x3 nails all I have for a nail is the grey but it is Meant for attaching a pice to a wheel like this⬇️

And it is square at the end unlike the blue one beside it

But I also have the blue pegs that have no cap on the end

If you have the Pitching In field, if you look at the bottom corners of the plastic sheet, you will find some 0x3 pins in the orange pieces.

2 Likes

Ok I will look next time I go to the place where I take robotics

1 Like

Umm, yes, no, maybe.

Can you post your design please. Adding lots of bands causes other problems down the line.

4 Likes

We are trying to build the spitfire robot drone some pictures Ben kipper sent to us you can go to his you tube channel and watch some videos on it and I will get you those pictures as soon as I find them