Change Up Hood Ideas

So I wanted to see/hear about what hoods y’all are using for Change Up this season! My hood, consisting of a flag from 2 years ago and 2 metal parts extending it, is not working and I need more ideas please!

1 Like

My hood is a bent aluminum 5 x 25 wrapped in rubber bands.

1 Like

Could you send some pictures of your current hood because it is very possible that it can be modified to work in its current state.

2 Likes

My team has developed a hood using Lexan and rubberbands. We screwed a piece of lexan in hood shape to a hinge and mounted that on the bot. After doing that, a rubberband was attached to either sides of the tower just below the hood. The band was then attached to the top of the hood so whenever a ball exited the bot the hood would fall back down. Sorry if this was confusing, I currently don’t have any pictures of it right now but if you would like to see them i would be happy to show pictures later today.

2 Likes

we ended up screwing a sheet of plexiglass to a flat bar, then compressing it with rubber bands.

1 Like

We used something similar to MJS’s umbrella hood and it works pretty well. Took a long time to tune but our team thinks its worth it

3 Likes

We have a small square of polycarbonate, it just rises up at the beginning of the match.

2 Likes

We have a hood that is basically the same to 99999V. It works pretty good but we still need to tune it so it shoot at better angles.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.