Claw Motor Stalling

So my current robot has a claw motor issue where it just freezes up into play during random intervals.

I have tried cooling them during practice and after every game with air duster (At the US Open) but it did not alleviate the problem. We also replaced the motors and the controllers and nothing seems to be working. What could be the issue, and how can I fix it?

Could it possibly be an issue with how your code handles tasks or something? This sounds like a code issue.

If nothing comes to mind, try opening and closing without any objects for a while. If that doesn’t work, it’s not an overheating issue. Also try uploading simpler code to test if it’s a code issue.

I’ve tried the opening and closing test and it seldom stalls during that, I’ve only had that happen 1 or 2 times during that kind of test. I will take a look at the code once I get some time tomorrow, thanks for the suggestion.

Yeah, no problem. It sounds like it could be a code issue, then. If you are just opening and closing and not driving, the cortex has less processes to deal with, so it may be less of an issue. But it still happened occasionally, so it doesn’t seem to be an issue of excessive strain (unless your claw has a ridiculous amount of friction). By the way, did your motors even feel hot? They should if they are burnt out.

The motors weren’t hot at all. I just wanted to play safe and use the duster.

Try checking all of the bearing blocks to make sure they are tight and intact(yes they break under normal use-it happened to us on our claw) and all axles are straight and securely in the motors.