Coming Soon: VEXcode VR

VR Definition

Their form of physical or real way of interaction is being able to code it. Doesn’t have to be a VR headset.

9 Likes

This might be a stupid question but will Vexcode 2.0 support c++?

Is there a projected timeline on when vexcode 2.0 will be available?

2 Likes

This is a huge positive for those of us that are now going from a classroom full of VEXEDR to teaching online.

6 Likes

Will there be preset robots that we can use? It would be a pain to create an entire robot virtually.

2 Likes

Initial Plans…

VEXcode VR will have Pre-build, pre-configured robots. No editable robots are planned initially.

VEXcode 2.0 is planned for Spring as of now, but we’ve redirected the VEXcode team to getting VR out ASAP.

C++ and Python will be supported for V5 in the text mode - both for code viewing and code editing.

C++ will be supported for IQ in the text mode.

“VEXcode Blocks” will be rebranded to VEXcode 2.0
“VEXcode Text” will be rebranded to VEXcode Pro.

32 Likes

Sweet! Can’t wait. Looking forward to using this.

3 Likes

Thank you for all you are doing to help in this time!!

5 Likes

I don’t know if I missed this somewhere else, but will there be a cost associated with this?

3 Likes

What is your approximate ETA on this? I won’t hold you to it, ha ha! Just that I have to plan online lessons which will start Monday 3/30, so I’m kind of in a holding pattern right now.

2 Likes

Just wondering, I’m sure the developers are working hard to get it out, but any chance of a feature that allow students to export their programs from submission. I was just going to have them screenshot their programs or upload them in a shared folder.

Also, is there any cost to this ?

OP said early April for preview version.

Price:
Initially no cost during these difficult times, the long term strategy of VEXcode VR hasn’t been decided upon yet.

Export:
You’ll be able to save and load projects from the VEXcode VR interface. No auto-save, since we’re not requiring accounts or cloud services.

ETA:
April 3rd is our internal target to have a public preview along with activities.

20 Likes

Good point. I think VR here stands for Virtual Robot rather than virtual reality anyway.

1 Like

Robot is synonymous to reality for some of us, so it doesn’t matter, lol

Cannot wait to see it released!

13 Likes

Excellent! Looking forward to it :smiley:

1 Like

will there be one for V5 too?

1 Like

VEXcode VR is not an IQ or V5 simulator. It is its own robot platform with its own features that leverages different features and functionality from all 4 of the VEX platforms (123, GO, IQ, V5).

8 Likes

Will VEXcode VR run on a Chomebook?

Yep. PC, Mac, Chromebook, Android, iPad…

It works well on my iPhone too… kind of small though.

12 Likes