Connecting Vex battery to breadboard

Hey guys, I have another question. I have the 7.2V Vex battery and I wanted to connect it to a breadboard to power some Vex motors which I’ve hooked up to an Arduino. So far, I haven’t been able to find a connector online to do this.

Does anyone of you know where I can get such connector please? Thanks in advance!

Try your Local Radio-Shack, Part RC 7.2V Battery Pack Connector Repair Kit or RC 9.6V Battery Pack Connector Repair Kit. Or Hobby places carry replacement connectors for the same reasons…

Thanks for the quick reply, Marko! I actually don’t leave in the States, so no Radio-Shack here :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll check in a Hobby shop here if they do have that.

“leave”??

Sorry… You have no indication of where you are from… I assumed the US or Canada…

You might have an equivalent to Radio-Shack… A Store carrying Electronics and Parts…

They are a standard Molex Connectors. Hobby shops should have them for RC Cars…

They are small enough, someone here could mail you some…

One way which i did it which you could do in the mean time for testing is to quite simply have a cortex sitting next to the arduino and run power from the Red and White (i think? i cant remember properly) ports on the PWM output. Although only really useful for testing purposes…

Google “Tamiya battery connector”

Here is one example.

http://www.robotmarketplace.com/products/0-DLR1000.html

I made such a cable, and it is a good idea to “double up” the breadboard pins so you get a stronger connection given the wire sizes.

[ATTACH]7132[/ATTACH]

Cheers,

• Dean
    RC2BB_Power.jpg

In the U.K.??

These Battery Connectors look correct…

N.Z. ??

Having a hard time locating some… Hobby City has Battery Packs, but no mention of the Connectors themselves…

Yes Hobby city has them, as well as Jaycar Im pretty sure should have them too, also for NZers Trademe :slight_smile:

Jaycar looked promising, but I could not find any there either…

Thanks for the links you posted! I was in a hurry earlier, so hence the grammatical mistake :smiley:

I managed to get one of those cables at one of my local Hobby shops.

I got one of the suggested cables today and did it similarly do how Dean did his, and it’s working perfectly. Thanks!