Controller won't turn on

My controller won’t turn on or turn any lights on when the power button is pressed down for any amount of time. The controller works when connected through a charging cable to my pc. I can turn off and on the controller when connected, but nothing at all happens when I press the power button down if the controller is not connected to anything. I believe it might be the battery. What can I do?

Hi vendarkii,

We are sorry that you have encountered this issue. To help solve this issue, please first check that the Controller Battery has been inserted into the Controller in the correct orientation.

Using a small Phillips Head Screwdriver, please open the battery compartment. Next, please ensure that the + and - symbols on the Controller Battery are aligned with the + and - symbols engraved onto the Controller next to the battery contacts. If the Controller Battery is not inserted correctly, the battery contacts will not align with the electrical contacts in the Controller, and thus the Controller will not turn on.

After the Controller Battery has been inserted into the Controller in the correct orientation, please connect your Controller to your computer or a USB wall charger with the USB Cable. Does the Charge LED on the Controller turn on? If the LED is solid red, this means the Controller Battery is charging; if the LED is solid green, this means the Controller Battery is fully charged.

If the Charge LED does not turn on or is blinking, please contact VEX Technical Support at support@vex.com or by calling +1-903-453-0802 so we can provide more detailed help to resolve this issue.

Regards,

• Art