Crazy things you programmers do

All of my PROS code became corrupted at worlds so I had to rewrite all of the changes I could remember from a previous week-old backup, which was a massive pain. Then at UIL states (A TP competition after worlds) I lost the USB that had my code, but lucky me I was prepared and backed up all of my code the day prior onto my laptop. Then the code on my laptop became corrupted as well. Talk about bad luck…

10 Likes

Gonna sound weird but, I don’t like compressing my code. Even funnier, when someone asks about it while I’m on “autopilot”, I most of the time say,“Gotta give the code breathing room, I don’t want it to suffocate.”

8 Likes

Try to build. Note to self, there is a reason you are a programmer not a builder.

16 Likes

Waste an entire year criticizing VEX for changing all the commands twice.

6 Likes

Be awesome.

2 Likes

If i’m in a good mood for programming, it doesn’t work.

7 Likes

A few years back the autonomous wasn’t working well. I worked on it the night before states. Literally no clue what I didn’t but the next day we won skills and double qualified for Worlds.

9 Likes

Noice Man!!

<Random stuff to fill the 20 character thing>

2 Likes

Can’t relate :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Sit there for 45 minutes trying to figure out what is wrong with a line of code only to find out that we forgot to capitalize a letter

18 Likes

Not know how to properly type

2 Likes

misspell motor as moter

19 Likes

Pick up the programming role because no one on the team wants to program, and then realize that you have no idea what you are doing.

11 Likes

Sit at a competition for 2 hours trying to figure out why our shooter isnt shooting then realizing that I had to get rid of a semicolon.

10 Likes

Wondering why your code is a wreck for 3 weeks and then realizing that your while loop has a semi colon, which somehow was not caught by the compiler as an error.

6 Likes

Program our Turning Point autonomous routine… on the flight to Worlds.

Yeah, that didn’t go well.

6 Likes

Once, our mentor have us a 10 min speech on how V5 is super cool and this one kid is screwing around on a computer and the teacher walks over and goes “What are you doing?” And this kid PROGRAMMED HIS OWN VERSION FLAPPY BIRD ON TO THE CORTEX WHILE HE WAS TALKING

21 Likes

Try to code video games on V5 while you wonder what the heck the builders are doing.

8 Likes

Blame the robot build quality when my code doesn’t work the way I want it to. But I build the bot too, so yeah

1 Like

Waste time on Vex Forum
(not a crazy thing btw)

12 Likes