Defensive Play Strategy Questions (Tower Takeover)

I’m trying to figure out what defensive strategies are allowed for tower takeover. For example are you allowed to try and remove / knock off cubes from the opponents tray and can you push the aponents tray as they are trying to score a stack of cubes in the unprotected zone?

yes
yes
and yes

2 Likes

If the stack is already scored, then that warrants a DQ. But if the stack is not scored (in the process of being scored), then you can push the robot

2 Likes

One robot from an alliance could hoard cubes and block the unprotected goal zone of the opposing alliance, preventing them from scoring in there. Meanwhile, the other robot in the same alliance would be scoring stacks. When they are done, they swap places with the defending robot, since it already had a stack ready due to hoarding. During the most recent competition in my region, this was a strategy seen toward the final elimination matches. I’m unsure if it is wise to try this in qualifications matches, though.

Edit: I misread the title as asking for defensive strategies, rather than asking for a clarification. Oof

4 Likes