Delay in programming while using "broadcast" block

Hello,

I’m having a problem with a delay when running my programming and was hoping to get some help from someone here.

I’m currently using a class set of the VEX IQ robots, where students run their built programs to complete a maze with multiple challenges. I taught my students about the “broadcast” block and how they could use it when completing each challenge within the program.

Unfortunately, when running the program, there seems to be a long delay when using the “broadcast” option. The delay seems to occur whenever one part of the program is finished and the broadcast function is activated to begin the next part. Am I doing something wrong here to cause a delay?

I’ve included two different pics of my program, and a screen shot of the software showing it’s up to date.

Thanks in advance for your response,

Up to date.JPG

Broadcast delay.JPG

Broadcast delay 2.JPG

Hi There,

I’m not sure what your expected output would be but the broadcast block will only execute once control reaches the block. In your example this will take a minimum of 9.5 seconds (you wait 4.5 + 5 seconds) in addition to the time it takes for the move 90 degrees forward and back before you broadcast CHALLENGE 2. Only then will the when CHALLENGE 2 execute. If you are still having trouble try making a program without any motors or adding some prints at the same time you are broadcasting to understand what’s happening. Another thing that could be happening is the spin REV 90 degrees could not be completing and will not move to the broadcast block until it times out. But you won’t be able to figure that out without some print blocks.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Modkit