disconnecting remote to cortex please help!!!

i have a proplem when i am at a comp, when i connect to the switch and turn my robot on and it connects fine to the remote. but when driver mode starts my robot runs properly for the first 15-25 secounds or so but it will stop and start jitering around i cant move and sometimes it disconects fully i need a solution to this problem immedeatly i have a comp coming up next weekend and i cant compete good with out it
this is what our drive train looks like
https://www.google.com/search?q=vex+6+wheel+drive&safe=strict&rlz=1c1gceo_enus821us822&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=x&ved=0ahukewjk0nqjp6lgahxf1fkkhzzub0cq_auidigb&biw=1366&bih=626&safe=active&#imgrc=s1uBCGJOgtjTxM:
this is what our dr4b looks exactly like
https://www.google.com/search?safe=strict&rlz=1c1gceo_enus821us822&biw=1366&bih=626&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=v05yxpq0kmnr_qa1hooqca&q=vex+dr4b&oq=vex+dr4b&gs_l=img.3..0j0i8i30.33833.38139..38537...3.0..3.323.1637.2j6j1j1…2…1…gws-wiz-img…0…0i67j0i10i67j0i10.vkmtwsqet0m&safe=active&#imgrc=vGLVe5mCVzemrM:

anything that can posibly help would be great

Post picture of your current robot, not the model. Take top and side views.

My guess is that there may be overheating due to misaligned structure.

i cant right know will be able to at 3:45 tommorow

but you are probobly right

here is the code

#pragma config(Motor, port2, frontRightMotor, tmotorVex393_MC29, openLoop, reversed, driveRight)
#pragma config(Motor, port3, frontLeftMotor, tmotorVex393_MC29, openLoop, driveLeft)
#pragma config(Motor, port4, backLeftMotor, tmotorVex393_MC29, openLoop, driveLeft)
#pragma config(Motor, port5, backRightMotor, tmotorVex393_MC29, openLoop, reversed, driveRight)
#pragma config(Motor, port7, clawMotor, tmotorVex393_MC29, openLoop)
#pragma config(Motor, port8, armMotor1, tmotorVex393_MC29, openLoop)
#pragma config(Motor, port9, armMotor, tmotorVex393_MC29, openLoop)
//!!Code automatically generated by ‘ROBOTC’ configuration wizard !!//

task main()
{
while(1==1)
{
motor[backRightMotor] = vexRT[Ch2];
motor[frontRightMotor] = vexRT[Ch2];

motor[frontLeftMotor] = vexRT[Ch3];
	motor[backLeftMotor] = vexRT[Ch3];

if(vexRT[Btn6U] == 1)       	//If button 5U is pressed...
	{
		motor[armMotor] = 127;    	//...raise the arm.
	}
	else if(vexRT[Btn6D] == 1)  	//Else, if button 5D is pressed...
	{
		motor[armMotor] = -127;   	//...lower the arm.
	}
	else                      		//Else (neither button is pressed)...
	{
		motor[armMotor] = 0;      	//...stop the arm.
	}
	if(vexRT[Btn6U] == 1)       	//If button 5U is pressed...
	{
		motor[armMotor1] = 127;    	//...raise the arm.
	}
	else if(vexRT[Btn6D] == 1)  	//Else, if button 5D is pressed...
	{
		motor[armMotor1] = -127;   	//...lower the arm.
	}
	{
		motor[armMotor1] = 0;      	//...stop the arm.
	}

// Open, close or do not more claw
	if(vexRT[Btn5U] == 1)       	//If Button 6U is pressed...
	{
		motor[clawMotor] = 127;  		//...close the gripper.
	}
	else if(vexRT[Btn5D] == 1)  	//Else, if button 6D is pressed...
	{
		motor[clawMotor] = -127; 		//...open the gripper.
	}
	{
		motor[clawMotor] = 0;    		//...stop the gripper.
	}
}

}

this is important and i hope i can get this fixed any suggestons will be helpful

I had a similar issue. I think the issue was how the code was communicating through the template to the field control. Runs perfectly fine off the field. I fixed it my scrapping my autonomous and bypassing the template and using a more basic “Task main” format rather than the template’s “Task userControl.”

My problem was that my drive was stalling out after a similar time on the field, despite working nonstop for longer periods of time off the field and in testing (without a switch). We will definitely be getting a competition control switch for debugging this issue next season. I lost 3 qualification matches, and I expect that, had my robot been working the whole time, I would have won at least two of those. I felt bad for my teammates in those scenarios. I would have jumped about 10-15 places to the top section of the board, and they would’ve been raised as well.

My issue wasn’t mechanical (to the best of my knowledge) and I did disassemble parts of my drive train that may have been causing friction, including my wheel guards and climbing assist wheels. I’m fairly confident it was a technological issue rather than mechanical.
I suppose there could’ve been cell phone interference with the field control. I forgot to remind my drive team to Airplane their phones.

But, in this case, I would definitely rule out the mechanical issues first. They’re much easier to figure out.

can u please give a better explanation and solution sorry realy dont understand

do u think it may be over heating??

this is very important and it needs to be solved

does anyone know how to fix it

it sometimes works for a match and then does not we only had one match were it didnt happen though

when it disconnects it trys to reconnect takes alittle bit then connects and can move for about 5 seconds then starts jitering again

Mine worked off-field, when I wasn’t playing. But your code is in the same(…well… similar) format I switched to to fix my issue. I don’t think we have the same problem.

Yes, I think something is overheating. It’s hard to tell what it is without seeing your robot, but something probably tripped the power decks in the Cortex. Try to split your motors between the first and second half of the ports more evenly. Try to separate your drive train ports to different halves of the ports.

It seems like something is trying to draw too much power, overheating, then shutting down all of the ports on the Cortex motors. I think the two banks are 1-5 and 6-10.

ok anymore info will help thanks

Make sure you’re cortex is fully up to date, and also your vexnet keys are paired. Also make sure your program is in competition format because if it’s not the game switch won’t work properly.

how do u do comp format first year

sorry

that is probly why