Documentation for Obtaining Sponsors / Sponsorships

Hi everyone!

I have seen some threads from past games about possible companies to request sponsorships from however this is not where we are having an issue. So I was wondering what kind of documents, presentations, letters, etc. do you send out to potential sponsors? What are the most important details? Could anyone post what they use?

Thank you so much in advance! Our funding was cut this year!

we got a business sponsor about a 2 months ago

just make a sponsorship pack, and attach it to an email and send it to everyone u can think … worked for us ! :smiley:

if not … family businesses … local businesses and engineering based companies work :smiley:

NEMO (non-engineering mentor organization) was started in 2004 by a couple of FIRST Robotics mentors and currently has hundreds of registered members. The NEMO website has a resource page filled with assorted white papers which mentors have contributed.

There is a section for Sponsors and Fundraising.

http://www.firstnemo.org/resources.htm

[www.chiefdelphi.com also has an excellent white papers section, including many on sponsorship. You just need to use the “search” feature.

I believe that learning how to do fundraising and presentations is an important skill that can benefit all involved in robotics and after your high school years.](www.chiefdelphi.com also has an excellent white papers section, including many on sponsorship. You just need to use the “search” feature.)