Don't want to pay for expensive cortex's but still want to start a team? Click here!

I found a seller on ebay that’s selling two plus some basic other parts, for a really good price! Bid now
They also have 4 of the discontinued 5" wheels!
Edit: WOW the price shot up, it used to be $135

I have a sneaking suspension that’s actually you

Lol, why would I have a black vexnet key?

It says it ships from Georgia, so no.

are 5" wheels valuable? we have something like 20 of them…

Two years ago in NBN we actually ran out of 5" wheels (had maybe 4 at the time) and I absolutely couldn’t find anywhere online for them until a couple days latter I was shopping for other home products on amazon and I found one supplier who had 10 for sale. Snatched them as fast as I could. We ended up using 10 total at our last event of the year that year, and destroying one meant I almost had to beg for more on here.

Alright then, we’ll hold on to them.

Lol my school has 3 full boxes of them… :slight_smile:

I’m confused. I still see 5" wheels (276-1498) listed for sale on the VEX website. It doesn’t say they’re discontinued.

That’s… interesting. I see the same thing. The old website said “Discontinued. Available while supplies last”

Robot Mesh has them in stock, too. Perhaps that note was right, but there is still a supply available.

I’ll be honest, when I saw the thread title I was 99% sure it was spam. Faith in the forum restored.

Thanks for this catch. The 5" Wheels should have still been showing the “Discontinued. Available While Supplies Last”. The product page has been updated to reflect this. Apologies for the confusion.

There are so many people that loved those 5" wheels, maybe VEX should bring them back. @DRow, would this be possible? Is there any chance of that happening?

Unfortunately, I don’t see it happening. That’s not to say it couldn’t sometime in the future, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

Wait what? As driving wheels they are effectively useless.

apparently some people need the /s

If it’s not readily obvious based on context, yes.