Drivetrain Debate

Our bot can carry three goals up onto the platform and only has a two motor drivetrain, however they are red motors

1 Like

So you have no speed Abe will suffer greatly I. Aiton rush… but yeah a torque ratio would let you climb. Pretty easy

This is true, but the comprimise is you can’t go as fast. We go at 75-65% full speed anyways. So this might be worth it to have a ring intake, but we are not sure.

We don’t have a ring intake

What are all of those 6 other motors going for then? If my team was able to have pneumatic piston, we would be sooooo hype for it.

1 Like

Well we can carry three goals, 2m back arm, 2m front arm, 2m drivetrain, 1m claw for front arm, one spare motor but we don’t have room for a intake

1 Like

I don’t know about that, we will always get the auton win point as well as getting at least 1 neutral goal

This is what we can do currently also, I am not sure an intake is worth making a janky four bar system because we don’t know how to.

1 Like

Yeah, we have a four bar lift in the front and a simple 1 bar lift in the back, we used to have a collector but we weren’t scoring enough. Would you like to see our robot?

I can’t find a photo so I will have to make a crude drawing. You make a center assembly with short (10 hole) wide c-channel and mount the motor and gears. Then connect two narrow c-channels from the driven gear and t-off to a long narrow c-channel (t-bar). Then use standoffs and shaft collars to link the 4-bar to the long t-bar.

Another option is to mount the t-bar to the bottom pair of four bar arms and connect the standoff / collar assembly between the t-bar and the gear so it lifts at the middle of the t-bar.

6 Likes

In finals auton rush is when everyone goes all out max speed for the neutral goals awp don’t matter In finals. That’s were a slow robot cost you.

1 Like

We go to center goal and we have a program that checks if there are any other goal available to grab, otherwise it drives back.

2 Likes

ok ill admit thats pretty clever being able to detect if ther are any remaingin goals but still depending on how fast it is and how fast it detects some one might be able to grab 2 goals b4 you get to either one.

2 Likes

Yeah this is true, but when we are in driver mode we are a literal tank

tru that no ones gonna pull your robot any were exept if they use a transmission like 3141A so that is a big bonus especially even if you lose the goal if you can clamp onto it with like a lck clamp then you can jsut drag the opponent to your side so their goals count for you.

1 Like

yup that’s pretty much what we do than we climb with three goals

2 Likes

If you can’t get rubber bands between the 4 bars to help carry some weight… just make some of the 4 bar linkages longer and poke backwards. Then you can rubberband them downward to the rear of the chassis, providing lift.

2 Likes

My 4m drive train bot can get up the ramp with three mogos. We run green cartridges. We used to be able to drive up with 5 mogos when we had red cartridges in the motors, however, we decided that our robot was way too slow and therefore switched to green.

2 Likes

Is it a direct drive chassis?

For our early season build, we didn’t have access to pneumatics. Here was our build: 4x 200 RPM Motor Chain Drive (6 Wheels, 4 Motors), 1x 100RPM 1:7 4 Bar Lift, 1x 200 RPM Goal Clamp (attached to 4 bar), 1x 100RPM Rear Goal Lift (with passive clamp), 1x 600 RPM Ring Intake/Conveyer Belt. Our 4 bar was a little slow but worked every match. Parking was easy since we had enough traction with 6 wheels. 2 motor drive trains are just too slow and can’t park that well (unless you go with red motors which are a huge issue with the speed of this year’s game)

4 Likes