Editing Software

I want to make a robot reveal for our team, but don’t know what editing software to use…

Can anyone recommend a good free editing software, that allows multiple clips to be layered on top of each other and moved/resized freely?

1 Like

Windows Live Movie Maker

0 Likes

If you can find the photoshop & premiere bundle on sale (I got them both for $60 last year), the convenience of always having them both is definitely worth that price.

2 Likes

This is a very good suggestion.

0 Likes

Lightworks
It’s difficult to learn, but it’s a great free professional product.
It’s also a lot more usable now than it used to be.

1 Like

Hitfilm Express

But Lightworks is good software worth checking out too, just with a steeper learning curve (as @Highwayman pointed out).

0 Likes

Premiere Pro CC has education discounts, as well as a 1 week trial. So if you only need to make one quickly,that would be good. I’ve had good luck with Premiere, and its easy enough to pick up quickly with online tutorials.

1 Like

We’ve been using Powerdirector 15. I like it.

0 Likes

We use a combination of Serif Movieplus X6 (which is now sadly discontinued) and Adobe After effects.

0 Likes

With us, we are currently using Sony Vegas 14. At the beginning, it’s confusing to understand. But over time by watching tutorial videos, it will be much easier. Just an extra note: If you look on YouTube, you can find that you can be able to get it for free. This software also includes cropping, scaling, chroma keyer(green screen), ability to put multiple videos in a video, overlays, speed control, text motion control(text that can “stick” onto a 3 dimension video), and sooo many more things. Another thing, I think famous YouTubers use this software as well. Hopefully this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Davinci Resolve

2 Likes

I have been doing editing since a very long time now. I remember when i started, blender was the best available option which i could easily explore.

0 Likes

closed #13
0 Likes