Entropy 170A Intake Idea

Here is an intake idea we made a prototype of. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdOkUPol2Js
Feel free to ask questions.

18 Likes

nice! I’ve wotked on the same idea a little and found that if you angle your roller but keep the backplate straight you can achieve the same effect. That should eliminate some of the weight problem.

How many cubes can it intake before the cubes stop going up?

2 Likes

interesting. you should build a hopper or something to allow intaking a stack of cubes.
I’ll be interested in seeing if these intakes become competitive, it would be cool to have another branch of robot styles.

1 Like

@Got_a_Screw_Loose Maybe you want to take a look at this?

1 Like

i rly want this intake to work but i already know that it’s not going to be viable just due to its size. like yikes mecc wheels are pretty big and heavy. although this intake is perfect for horizontal intaking and vertical outtaking, it’s just so big lmao. if somebody can make custom, smaller mecc wheels (team 44 tried this once i think) then definitely this intake will be very good. but for now, not rly, which is a shame

2 Likes

The only problem i see with a mech wheel intake is when your dropping a stack. now i could be 100% wrong on this but if you outtake more than 1 or two cubes wouldn’t it just throw them out the front rather than setting them down by moving straight down?

Throwing them out in front is actually beneficial in many tray design for stacking faster

Well what I was trying to get at is that it would just throw the bottom two cubes out and make the stack potitally fall over, unless it pushed out really really slow

Yes I do! I’m a fan of this idea, and would’ve tried it myself sooner if I only actually had mecanums.

Combining this with another idea I’ve seen a couple iterations of (and had myself been developing since day 1), the mecanum intake could actually be viable. Seems pretty quick, but I would like to see a later iteration where we can see how it handles larger stacks of cubes.

1 Like

Same, I would’ve tried it out too except I dont have any mechanum wheels (pretend its earrape)
The although for the intake, it seems to have problems sucking up cubes that aren’t perfectly oriented, so it may need extra rollers
Still a fascinating idea though

2 Likes

You can have 1 motor control the mecc wheels and second to rotate the wheels away from each other like arms of a claw

1 Like

Yea that could work.

you could achieve that with only one ratcheted motor.

Is it able to pick up a stack all at once? Such as in auton, could it go down over the stack and pick them all up without problems? I hope this works out!:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like