Error that I can't fix

I have been having this error when I reprogrammed my robot: Error:Undefined variable ‘bStopTasksBetweenModes’. ‘short’ assumed.
Is there anyway to fix it and should I be concerned?

Hi Ryan205,

Unfortunately I am not sure whats causing such error message.
Do you get the message when downloading sample programs as well?
Can you please attach a screenshot of the error message?

-Eli

Here is a picture of the error.
[ATTACH]8775[/ATTACH]

And when I try to download sample programs, it says No communications link available to VEX device.
1417799023855.jpg

The bStopTasksBetweenModes boolean flag is used to allow or restrict user-created tasks from running in between the pre-auton, autonomous, and user-control phases of a VRC match. This is built into the ‘Vex_Competion_Includes.c’ include file that is included in the Competition Template in ROBOTC.

Usually when we see this issue, it is because the Vex_Competition_Includes.c file is not included in the user program properly. To check for this, please paste the entirety of your code (or, preferably, a smaller program that can cause this issue) as a response to this post by using the

tags.

Here is the code:

#pragma platform(VEX)

//Competition Control and Duration Settings
#pragma competitionControl(Competition)
#pragma autonomousDuration(20)
#pragma userControlDuration(120)

#include "Vex_Competition_Includes.c"   //Main competition background code...do not modify!

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//
//                          Pre-Autonomous Functions
//
// You may want to perform some actions before the competition starts. Do them in the
// following function.
//
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

void pre_auton()
{
	// Set bStopTasksBetweenModes to false if you want to keep user created tasks running between
	// Autonomous and Tele-Op modes. You will need to manage all user created tasks if set to false.

bStopTasksBetweenModes = true;

// All activities that occur before the competition starts
	// Example: clearing encoders, setting servo positions, ...
}

//
//                                 Autonomous Task
//
// This task is used to control your robot during the autonomous phase of a VEX Competition.
// You must modify the code to add your own robot specific commands here.
//

task autonomous()
{
	// .....................................................................................
	// Insert user code here.
	// .....................................................................................
	// Remove this function call once you have "real" code.
}

//
//                                 User Control Task
//
// This task is used to control your robot during the user control phase of a VEX Competition.
// You must modify the code to add your own robot specific commands here.
//

task usercontrol()

{while(true)

motor[10] = vexRT(Ch2);

motor[6] = vexRT(Ch3);
	//Arm lift
	if (vexRT[Btn5U] == 1)
	{
		motor[port4] = 127;
		motor[port2] = 127;
		motor[port3] = 127;
		motor[port5] = 127;
	}