Farewell My Friends

To the VEX Community:

This is one of the hardest forum posts that I’ve had to write over the past nine years. Yes, even harder than the Best of One and V5 posts. I wanted to personally let you all know that I have officially resigned from my position as President of VEX Robotics.

Sometimes, life presents you with new challenges that you simply cannot pass up. I will be pursuing a wonderful opportunity running a startup education company. This is one of very, very few endeavors I would have ever considered leaving VEX to pursue.

My last day as President will be Friday, September 7th, as I personally wanted to see the shipment of the first V5 systems cross the finish line with my team.

Truth be told, you (and VEX as a whole) are in good hands. We would not be standing where we are today without the very talented and dedicated group of employees I am proud to call my peers.

While it saddens me to close out this chapter of my life, I am excited for what is to come. I feel lucky to have played an instrumental role in shaping the lives of many of you over the years through lessons that we’ve all learned together. My time here at VEX Robotics has been amazing, and while I will no longer be running VEX, I will remain a part of the community as best I can as a coach and an EP. I hope to keep in contact with many of you.

Thanks for the great memories,

Paul

Id like to pay respects to one of the nicest people I’ve ever had a chance to meet, I’m glad you had such a positive impact Paul.

I’ll be sad to see you go. Thanks to your contributions to VRC, I found my passion during high school and what I want to do later in life; I can’t be more grateful. Best of luck with your startup!

We’ll be sad to see you guy Mr. Copioli! A positive impact to the VEX community and many of our middle and high school years. Best of luck!

Farewell and good luck, thank you for helping run the program that inspired me and thousands of others in getting into STEM at such a young age. What you have done is truly amazing.

Best of luck in your new endeavors - as many have noted in different, you are a class act! Now that you will be on the east coast, we would be delighted to have you come volunteer at our events :slight_smile:

btw, I think V5 rocks! Many will be sure to agree once they have it in their hands.

When one door closes another one opens. Thanks for all your fantastic work in VEX and good luck with your new job!

We’ve had our differences, but I really appreciate you being such a kind president and taking pains to act in the best interest of this program. Even as I write this, my computer is wired to my remote and I’m tuning my PID. I wouldn’t be doing any of that without you. Thank you for everything, and I hope everything works out!

God, this is a day I hope I would never see. Paul us as a Community may have had our disagreements with you but in the end, we’re all human. You are a wonderful person that has helped so many kids reach their goals. We all hope for your success. Good luck and know you did a great job!

There are times when the community will appreciate someone only after that person has left.
And I think this is one of those moments.

Though there are times that we don’t agree with certain changes made, but I have always believe that you have the best intention for vex in your heart.

Unknown to many, especially during the early years of vex, you have always been one of the most supportive and kindest person towards the Singapore teams.

All the best for your startup (even the name of the startup sounds exciting). And hope our paths will cross again :slight_smile:

Paul,

Thank you for everything you’ve done for VEX the company, the VEX community, and me personally while I was a VEX employee. I’m lucky to have had you as boss and a mentor, and even more fortunate to consider you one of my best friends.

I think it would be impossible for anyone outside of VEX and the RECF to understand just how instrumental to the success of VEX Paul has been. The company grew more than anyone could have imagined under his leadership. Suffice to say Paul has made an indelible impact on every student who has used a VEX kit. It’s an impressive legacy to say the least.

1 Like

Thank you for making VEX Robotics what it is today. I wish you best of luck with your new company in creating such a far-reaching community as VEX, and making the world a better, more fun and educating place.

I am just a Vex newbie, but it has already become a huge part of my life. Thank you so much for making vex what it is today. You have inspired many minds like my own and indulged them in STEM at a very young age, which many of us will pursue as a career. We will dearly miss you as the head of Vex and best of luck in your business venture.

The absolute best of luck to you in your future endeavor! I will definitely be keeping an eye on your upcoming project and thank you for all you’ve done to ensure students have a platform to showcase their abilities. Take care!

SUMMERNOMAD

Thank you for all you have done for VRC, my team will be sad to see you go. We as a VexForum community may have had our disputes, but Paul you have done so much to bring STEM and Vex specifically to so many people. Thanks again for your hard work.

Vex was a great product line when you came aboard and the growth in the following years of Vex Pro, all the new VRC parts, including V5 and the world of VexIQ and the HEXbug siblings was just amazing.

In think Vex is on a jumping point to change the robotics landscape. I wish you well, but I think I would have stayed 6 months to see how it all came out. Your policy of hiring people smarter than you, hiring interns and grabbing their skills is amazing. Its given you a team that is second to none.

On a personal note I appreciate all the mentoring you gave me. My success is tied to that advice. Both advice Given and taken.

Good luck on the future, I can’t wait to see the next chapter!!

Warmest regards, Foster

Thanks for all you’ve done and best of luck in your future endeavors!

Good luck in all you do. Thanks for making VEX what it is. I’ll certainly be looking at whatever you do in the future, because I think you know how to surround yourself with the right people, set eyebrow-raising goals, make bold choices, and see a project through to the end. Any company you’re involved with is lucky to have you.

Thank you so much for what you have done to make my past two years awesome. Good luck!

Thank you for all you’ve done over these years. I hope the best for future endeavors. Good luck!