Favorite Tools for VEX

I wanted to split the conversation that started to happen here: Biggest mysteries on your vex team?

Some of the users started to talk about what tools they use, and I was wondering what other teams use, like to use, and what dream tools you wish you could get.

Since I started working in industrial automation I have fallen victim to loving the Wera, Knipex, Klein, Gedore, and wiha. These brands are not cheap, and I would imagine be impossible for a school or small club to buy the tools for teams without a decent sponsor. They are amazing quality and I have had amazing help from the companies getting anything broken replaced.

Dream wish list (If we had unlimited money :slight_smile: )

• VEX Tool Line
  • Integy
  • Eklind
  • Allen
  • Generic (Black and Decker/ Stanley/ Hyper tough)
  • Kobalt
  • Craftsman
  • Dewalt
  • Rigid
  • Milwaukee
  • Wera / Knipex / Klein / Gedore / Wiha
  • Snap On / Matco / Proto

0 voters

Let me know what other brands you want added. I know I missed some looking here: Tool Owners
Thanks @Cadaver_42 for showing me Integy.

3 Likes

MIP Tools are fantastic, I can not stress that enough, and are popular around Southern New England. I have had mine for 3 years and they still aren’t stripped.

Metal Shears, Aviation Snips with Wire Cutter, Straight Cut Klein Tools 1202S https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D5HLBRQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_nvocDbZCSN867

Literally just any screwdriver that lasts over a year. So anything but vex’s tools. Which is unfortunately what I use…

Bondhus is one of the best brands of drivers. I’d recommend www.robosource.net as a tool supplier, good assortment of tools and good prices.

I really like using ratcheting screwdrivers because it makes building a bit faster

3 Likes

I am all for supporting community companies, but I have never gotten decent results from bondhus tools. They seem to be higher quality over eklind, but nothing amazing.