Favorite Tools for VEX

I wanted to split the conversation that started to happen here: Biggest mysteries on your vex team?

Some of the users started to talk about what tools they use, and I was wondering what other teams use, like to use, and what dream tools you wish you could get.

Since I started working in industrial automation I have fallen victim to loving the Wera, Knipex, Klein, Gedore, and wiha. These brands are not cheap, and I would imagine be impossible for a school or small club to buy the tools for teams without a decent sponsor. They are amazing quality and I have had amazing help from the companies getting anything broken replaced.

Dream wish list (If we had unlimited money :slight_smile: )

• VEX Tool Line
  • Integy
  • Eklind
  • Allen
  • Generic (Black and Decker/ Stanley/ Hyper tough)
  • Kobalt
  • Craftsman
  • Dewalt
  • Rigid
  • Milwaukee
  • Wera / Knipex / Klein / Gedore / Wiha
  • Snap On / Matco / Proto

0 voters

Let me know what other brands you want added. I know I missed some looking here: Tool Owners
Thanks @Cadaver_42 for showing me Integy.

3 Likes

MIP Tools are fantastic, I can not stress that enough, and are popular around Southern New England. I have had mine for 3 years and they still aren’t stripped.

Metal Shears, Aviation Snips with Wire Cutter, Straight Cut Klein Tools 1202S https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D5HLBRQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_nvocDbZCSN867

Literally just any screwdriver that lasts over a year. So anything but vex’s tools. Which is unfortunately what I use…

Bondhus is one of the best brands of drivers. I’d recommend www.robosource.net as a tool supplier, good assortment of tools and good prices.

I really like using ratcheting screwdrivers because it makes building a bit faster

3 Likes

I am all for supporting community companies, but I have never gotten decent results from bondhus tools. They seem to be higher quality over eklind, but nothing amazing.

Our school uses Wiha ans their screw drivers last forever. Dewalt drills are also great, just make sure the torque setting is not too high.

I just got a set of the soft finish series for some specific use at work and they have been amazing so far.

Definitely a Makita Impact Driver for putting screws in standoffs or assembling a VRC field
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
(Do not try this at home)