Flywheel feeder

Does the speed at which the disc is moving when it contacts the flywheel affect how far it travels?

That is an amazing thing to test out yourself and put in your engineering notebook. I haven’t tested it, but from my observations, there was some sort of correlation in the mechanism my team has, but that could be based off of a lot of different variables other than speed. Good luck, and make sure to document everything, judges really love to see an experiment fully documented in the engineering notebook.

17 Likes

I would do engineering notebook, but i kinda need teammates for that. Hopefully someone joins and i can just BS my way into making it look like they have been there the whole time. This will be an interesting experiment no matter what the results are.

1 Like

you just like me fr fr

Or you could, I don’t know, do it yourself? You win a ton more awards, trust me. It might seem like its not time well spent, but in the long run it pays off :))

1 Like

It may be different for you, but where i am, you need teammates for awards and engineering notebook

It really just depends on how much time you’re willing to put in. It only takes about 30 minutes to make a decent entry, and you can do it after the meeting if you’re not willing to sacrifice work time. I have been able to manage the bulk of designing, building, and notebooking by myself this season. Yeah, it’s harder than doing it with help, but it’s definitely not impossible.

2 Likes