Flywheel

Anyone want to give me some advice as to why this isn’t shooting far at all?

What ratio are you running the flywheel at? It looks like it may be going too slow to really launch the ball but I can’t really tell.

Don’t mean to sound rude, but that type of flywheel design has been around long before antichamber

In addition to making sure you have the right gear ratio and torque, you should also make sure you’re getting the right levels of compression

A common ratio for flywheels is 25:1 on the torque motors, using 2-3 of them. This gives an ideal 2500 rpm maximum. Also, your ball comes out at too low of an angle. This may be fixed with a higher speed, but that will also hurt your distance.

so it should come out higher or lower?

So from the video it appears to take about 4 seconds for the motor to spin once. If this video is slowed down 8x (my guess at least) that is pretty close to 100 rpm. It also appears you have either 1:6.25 (30:1230:12) or 1:12.5 (30:1230:6) ratio. Meaning your maximum speed is between 625rpm and 1250rpm, both of which are much lower than the ballpark 2500rpm, as @AlexM_4478X said.

It should be at a higher angle. The best angle for a ball to leave at is 45 degrees, which maximizes air time and horizontal distance

I’d recommend that it come out higher. It needs to arc more so it can gain some height before it starts falling. Right now, it’s almost angled downwards.
Also, as others said, you need to make sure you are getting enough compression, and it needs to be done in the correct way. Back in Nothing But Net, the balls were squishy, so compressing those before release helped transfer the energy. These balls, however, are not squishy. This results in speed loss from the wheel to the ball. Think about it this way. You take a piece of plastic and try to move a hard plastic ball by sliding it around the top of the ball. What would happen? The ball would slip and the plastic wouldn’t do a great job of moving it. Now, imagine if you did the same thing but with a squishy ball. The ball would move more and more power would be transferred to the ball. Why does this happen? Since the ball is squishy, it is able to absorb more of the impact from the plastic and thus moves with more speed and energy.
Using that logic, we know that we can’t change the ball type to make it squishy. So let’s change the wheel instead. If you make the wheel squishy by adding something like foam pads, you would be able to transfer much more power into the ball.

right but then wouldnt it have less contact time with the ball?

also it goes from a 30 tooth to a 12 I think to a 30 to a 12

something like that

There aren’t 30 tooth gears. There are 36 tooth gears though; I’m assuming that’s what you’re using.
So the current gear setup you have is a 9:1(or 1:9?) ratio. I would say you need a higher ratio. I would suggest you try a 25:1 as that is what most people(from what I’ve seen/heard) are having success with so far. Good luck!

Except they are using sprockets, which are 30t. So it would be only 1:6.25, for 625rpm at the flywheel. Even lower than 1:9. And regarding

that is the generally correct order. It is supposed to be the input revolutions to output revolutions, even though xxx:1 sounds better.

its a 30 sprocket to a 12 to a 30 to a 12 but it will eventually be 30 to 6 30 to 6

This is not true. The time part is just totally false, and the horizontal distance requires two assumptions that are generally untrue. This 45-degree angle to maximize horizontal range (not air time) is taught in physics for good reasons: it’s an easy calculation, it shows symmetry, etc. For air time under the same conditions you want a vertical launch. The 45-degree angle shows up in the balance of air time (maximum at 90 degrees above horizontal) and the horizontal velocity component (maximum at 0 degrees above horizontal).

But for reality we almost always have to deal with two built-in assumptions that are false: launch height = landing height, and launch speed is independent of the release angle. The height issue shows up readily in things like shot-put, where you want to be a few degrees below 45 degrees from the horizontal because the ball begins noticeably above ground level. The speed and angle part shows up quickly with things like catapults, where letting them swing a little further adds speed, which more than makes up for launching below 45 degrees for at least a little bit.

For this game we should note that the targets are higher than the launch point, the upper one significantly so. So to shoot from nearby you really want to launch at a bigger angle than 45 degrees above the horizontal, how nearby and the relative heights informing this. Meanwhile, to maximize horizontal range based only on angle you want to go more than 45 degrees above the horizontal, too. However, launch speed may well not be independent of launch angle, and that may well lower the angle some, but maybe not if the design can be adjusted to get a good launch speed at an otherwise ideal angle more than 45 above the horizontal.

Yup. I’ve been pointing out this same thing for a while. It’s a really important one.

1st part: I understand that, I meant it maximized the balance of the two
2nd/3rd: Okay, yeah the starting height vs. ending height makes sense. 45 degrees is just a good starting point, You probably would not vary too much from that, even for the high flags.