Fundraising Ideas...

Serving as both the Public Relations and the Fundraising person on our team, I am always looking for new ideas to try…

In particular, I would like to know where people get their funding… I know many of the teams are school funded, and get most, or all of their funding from the school… I also know that their are quite a few teams where the families pay for everything… For the teams that have sponsors, if you could post a list of them, as well as the connection/contact you have with them, I would really appreciate it!

I am also working on a fundraising packet explaining how to start getting funds, who to talk too, what to ask, and all that… If you have an interest in helping to develop this, please let me know…

Also, I am starting to expand beyond the local area, and I have already gotten some national contacts… Is anyone interested in creating a database of important contacts/companies that you have found useful? I know I have certainly made a lot of contacts in the local area, and I am interested in seeing who y’all have contacted for you’re funding…

Oh, and if anyone ever needs help with anything fundraising related, please feel free to PM me… I work quite a bit on robotics, and since I am graduating, I will still be “mentoring” (a fancy word for high-school graduates to come back and “help” the students still doing robotics… :stuck_out_tongue: :P) my team, but I am beginning to expand my range, and hopefully help everyone who needs help…

The VEX team receives a portion of the funds from our FRC team, and the rest is school-paid (programming software) or family paid (parts and travel expenses). Our major sponsor is Boeing (what do you expect from a greater Seattle area team? :P).

If you could keep me up to date on the company database, that’d be awesome. Much appreciated!

I don’t know if it’s changed but last time I checked the ability to PM was removed.

Okay, so just post here… Is there any one person who y’all have found just has a lot of good contacts?