Good basic, but strong claws

well, a lot of fixing and trying new things seem to be working, but my team realized, that we don’t have a good claw, we tried a few ideas like a forklift function, switching the basic claw on its side to grip the mobile goals. What’s a good basic, but strong claw? because my scrim is in a few days.

My team has a 3 wide c-channel that goes under the lip of mobile goals to grab it with a hook powered by a motor to actually grab the mobile goal (you can use pneumatics instead if you wish to). It works really well and its quite. Simple and easy to build. I’ll send a picture when I get the chance to take one.

3 Likes

ok thx for the advice, hope the pic will help my team!

1 Like

Quick question. Will your claw be on a lift or just on the chassis? My team has two claws so I want to send a pic of what would be most helpful.

Does your team have access to pneumatics? I have a pretty basic clamp that can work for most robots but it works best with pneumatics (direct drive is possible, but the motor would occasionally overheat).

1 Like

look, this is my first set of games, ever! so we are beginners, I really don’t know, because we only understand about trying to demolish our opponents. we know how to build, but haven’t gotten to advance stuff yet.

1 Like

Here is our clamp of it helps at all

We changed it a bit from when the photos were taken, we added another “tooth” and moved them from the center to the outside of the 3-Wide Channel.

Normal claw from v4 (The green ones on the older clawbots), and just wrap a ton of rubber bands and grip pads on to it.

just so you guys know what im working with, I took this pic, Chromebook is tough to shoot a good pic

my friend was a nimrod to add the (you know what) on the front

3 Likes

Why the tank treads, and how are you going to attach the claw?

1 Like

If you are using tank treads instead of wheels I wouldn’t suggest that

I’m getting flashbacks to my IQ years with the tank treads instead of wheels

3 Likes

I wouldn’t use tank treads if I were you, but if you absolutely insist, at least center them. All it takes is one little nudge and your treads will grab the chassis.