Help! get passive this claw DR4B

How to get passive this claw to deploy, pls help!!!

Put rubber bands pulling the claw out but then at the start of the match tuck the claw behind part of the lift that’ll move out of the way

1 Like

Try something along the lines of this, where there is a small lip on the claw and there’s a rubber band zip tied to the drivetrain. When the lift raises, the rubber band will pull the mechanism outwards, eventually making the rubber band fall once the entire mechanism is down. Hopefully this is a clearer illustration of what I mean:
example1

4 Likes

Although this is not related to your claw,

Critiques
  • You should be having KEPS joints, with one screw screwed onto the first C-Channel and a bearing flat on the other C-Channel, for your lift.
  • Your triangle banding does not offer much. You may think it’s linear but because of how you have it, you’re dealing with friction of the rubber bands. I would recommend replacing the standoffs with something that the rubber bands can rotate around as the bands stretch and expand. But regardless, you do not need triangle banding to be linear. Just do two points and have one of the points be below the C-Channel, and through trial and error it would be linear with almost no friction from the rubber bands.
  • The way you have your support of just 1x1 plates are not the best. I would advise replacing it with a C-Channel, heck even standoff X Bracing will likely be better.
  • I would avoid using rails on your lift as they are very very fragile, they bend easily, and they really limit you in what you can do. I may suggest replacing them to C-Channels
  • Any 5 wides on a robot should exist only to handle torsion on arms, or to add weight to the drivetrain. Anything other than that, you’re adding unnecessary weight to the mechanism.
  • The motor itself acts like a bearing flat. If you add a bearing flat right in front of the motor you will just add a lot of friction to your robot.
  • Try doing spacer screw connections whenever you can to further add support. If you are confused of what I mean, take a closer look at how these C-Channels are attached, where the screw goes through the entire C-Channel instead of just one side, by utilizing spacers between the “C”
    v5-competition-super-kit_1_1%20(2)
10 Likes