Help with tray

R team is using a tray bot. We can hold 8 but don’t have the strength to stack them. Originally r lift system had 2 torque motors on both sides with an axel connecting the two. To lift the tray we had a c channel attached on one end to a gear on the axel and on the other end we had standoffs connecting to a hing on the tray. We changed to a 1:5 gear ratio with the motors connecting to the smaller gear but now the tray can’t move at all

Honestly, you should have at least a 1:7 ratio on the tilter. We r using a 1:21, but whatever works for you. You should also be using HS shafts on the ratio to prevent shaft twisting.


Most people use a 1:7 gear ratio on a 100rpm V5 motor (12T:84T), which is good enough for 9+ cubes. Another thing that you want to keep in mind when building effective anglers is the geometry. You want to make the c channel coming out of the 84T gear as short as possible while making the metal linking the tray to the c channel coming out of the 84T longer, for optimal geometry.

We have a short c channel with the longer standoffs

Also we r using cortex not v5

If you are still using 393 motors I would recommend a higher ratio and maybe even using 2 motors on the tilter

We have two motors. I will try to send pics around 3:30 to 4:30

We might also undo everything we did and put back how it was and test it out later cause we have a comp tomorrow which will be easier to do.

then try doing a 12t to 84t gear ratio

1 Like

Maybe the tilter geometry
isn’t correct.

I’m using a 1:5 100 RPM and it easily lifts 9 cubes

We have cortex. We will change back to what we had and test later. We did find out y I didn’t move at all tho. One of the motors was at an angle so with the axel in it wouldn’t turn.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.