help!

sorry i know its late but who gets to place thare robot last i herd that the higher rank gets to or in qualafier its red???
im not shoure can you help please!

The red alliance gets to place there robot after the blue alliance does. At all the competitions 803 and 803b they have never dealt with a problem with a judge or field person that you have to put your robots first on the field or last. If it’s just me no one enforces this at a tournament. If this is the case at worlds and the red alliance places there robot last then this seems unfair. The reason is that how about if 3 out of 8 (example) times you are red and the rest blue. Then that means you don’t have the same amount of fairness who play on the red side. BTW… THE UNFAIR PART ONLY INVOLVES THE SEEDING ROUNDS IN ELIMINATIONS IT SEEMS FAIR.

I believe you are usually given very close to equal times being on the blue and red alliance. And yes you are correct, blue alliance must setup first, then red alliance, if the blue alliance moves their robot, red can move theirs. The higher seed is always the red alliance in eliminations, except for regional tournaments, they usually do not follow this perfectly, as it isn’t usually too big of a deal, but you can talk to the tournament organizer or a head referee about it if you want.

You’re correct - when the match schedules are created, there is a specific step in the process that attempts to balance the schedule such that each team plays an equal number of matches on the red side as on the blue side. Note that if there are an odd number of matches played per team, then it’s obviously not possible to make it perfectly equal; you’ll always play more on one side or the other. Also, sometimes due to other constraints when the schedule is generated, even with an even number of matches some teams may play more on one side than the other. For instance, with 10 matches per team, some teams might play 6 as red and 4 as blue. This is usually pretty rare, and it’s all randomized so it’s not much different than the luck of getting paired with good teams or bad teams.

With the way qualification schedules are randomized there will always be an element of luck involved - sometimes you get paired up with a really good partner against weak opponents, and sometimes you’re paired with a partner that is broken against two really good opponents. Everyone involved in running these competitions does everything they can to make them as fair as possible, but sometimes you just get a bad break. On the other hand, sometimes you get lucky too. You just have to take it in stride and consider it part of the challenge.

Actually, this is a common misconception - it’s not always the higher seed that’s red. That’s true in the first round only, where for instance when seed 1 plays seed 8 in QF1, seed 1 gets red. However, if 8 beats 1 in QF1, then 8 basically assumes the #1 spot for the remainder of the tournament, and 8 will end up being red in the semi’s when they play the winner of QF2 (4 vs 5).

Take a look at the following Q&A for an official answer to your question.

https://vexforum.com/t/answered-who-gets-to-place-their-robot-last/16418/1