Hood bot pooper design

Hello everybody!
I’m currently designing our new skills bot but I’m having trouble with motor distribution for a pooper. This is my current distribution.
4m x drive
2m intakes
2m rollers & flywheel
Can you please share a few pics of your robots and their discarder/pooper? Thank you so much.

the way the pooper works is that it’s linked directly to the launcher roller, but in reverse. also the launcher/pooper will be completely independent from the bottom rollers.

3 Likes

rachet it to your top roller or you make it 1m rollers 1m flywheel

1 Like

no, you don’t need ratchets at all.

basically it goes like this:

1 motor powers the launcher roller and the top pooper roller. the two rollers spin in reverse to each other, but are directly linked. (no ratchets or funky business here)

then use 1 motor to independently power the rest of the rollers, including the bottom pooper roller.

this way all you have to do to poop is spin your launcher+pooper motor in reverse. but when you spin it forward, the whole thing acts as normal.

much simpler than any ratchets, and a lot lower friction.

6 Likes

Thank you so much! I’d been over complicating things. This helps a lot.

1 Like

Another advantage to chaining/gearing the rollers together like @Xenon27 said is that the balls go faster when 2 rollers are acting on the ball from either side,
instead of just having one roller and a flat surface.

If you used a ratchet to have the back roller only move when ejecting, it would effectively be the same as having a flat plane on that side.

7 Likes

We’ve found a way to gear our three rollers (pooper and indexer) together with one 600rpm motor. No ratchets, just clever gearing.

Now we can have an independently spinning flywheel, and can readjust balls if they don’t score for whatever reason, without pooping them out or having to code a line tracker for a situation that seldom occurs.

The bottom roller in the pooper, and the first roller in our feeder system only spin in one direction, but they never need to spin in opposite directions. Balls don’t get stuck, and any ball we don’t want will be pooped out.

It’s quite efficient for what we want to do, and there’s very little friction.

1 Like