How are teams planning to handle notebooks in the time of isolation?

Has anyone started discussing optiomns for Engineering notebooks when teams are not able to physically meet? Are students going to all have independent notebooks ? and turn in a number of notebooks all written in parallel?

We’ve been discussing it as a Team I didn’t see a topic on the forum for this concept?

Cheers - Stay Safe

1 Like

As in years past our team has created a google doc that will essentially act as a logbook until we can get back into our school building to get the actual notebook.
When we do get the notebook whoever’s doing notebook primarily that year will put all the entries from the google doc into the notebook.
We date our google doc posts so that’s how we manage dates.

4 Likes

My team as well uses a logging system so that I can go back and update the notebook properly. We keep track of dates, objectives, meeting details, attendance, and make sure we have lots of photos of anything that happened so that basically we can write a perfectly accurate notebook entry at a later date.

4 Likes

We also use a shared google doc, along with a shared google photo album. We have been using this for the past seasons as it helps when you aren’t able to meet directly with other team members. Also, since most of our team can CAD their ideas, it becomes easier to see what their thoughts are.

1 Like

We have a notebook that will be given to us with graph paper etc but this will be hard to fill out a design book without the book itself

1 Like
3 Likes