How do I Hide Blocked Messages?

When I have someone blocked, this message shows up instead of a post of theirs.

This is almost as infuriating to see as the post itself, so I was wondering if there would be any way to simply hide the blocked messages all together, instead of collapsing them. Is there a way to do this with discourse? Is there a chrome extension that could do this?

Why don’t you just unblock them and ignore their post?

10 Likes

Big brain. Spitting facts out here

3 Likes

Because, for reasons that I’m not gonna go into, I get upset whenever I see their profile picture, and I think it would be best if I didn’t see them in my forum feed.

2 Likes

To be honest i am not sure why you would block anyone because even if you don’t like them they can still give good insight and give you ideas.

2 Likes

Install User CSS or another extension that allows you to apply custom CSS styles to a website. Then just add a custom CSS rule to hide the blocked post placeholder.

Also, Discourse probably displays those placeholders in case the thread does not make sense with the hidden reply omitted.

9 Likes

Yea, I know. Discord (not Discourse), does the same.

Thanks for your suggestion, I’ll look into that!

1 Like

Do you know if this is available for mobile devices?

Because there are several users whose pfps silently drive me crazy.

• Illyana should quit vf to stay sane
  • Taran should change pfp to Rainbow Unicorn
  • DRow should ban all users with the ugly pfps

0 voters

Here is one with a matching hair style:
Rainbow Unicorn

12 Likes

Such extensions are not usually readily available for mobile users. Of course, it’s not impossible to make it work, but it’s probably not worth the effort.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.