How do I mark a post solved?

Like the title says. I searched. I asked @discobot. Took his(?) tutorials. Read Community Guidelines. What did I miss?

0 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

0 Likes

I know that on mobile there’s a little check mark in a box at the bottom left corner of each reply. If you click that, it makes that reply become “the answer,” and the thread is “marked” as “solved.”

1 Like

Pic? Chrome browser neither Android nor Mac shows me a checkbox . I don’t find a forum app in playstore. Is it because I’m too basic…?

0 Likes

I use the forum website in Safari. You can find it by going to the options menu (3 horizontal bars) in the top right corner, and then click mobile view.image
Edit: On desktop view, it is the leftmost box in the toolbar in the bottom right of a post.

1 Like

If you go to the vexforum site in chrome on Android, there should be a prompt to add the site to your home screen. This will add a dedicated “app” that you can use on your phone

0 Likes

Ok, I’m feeling inadequate here, I’ve tried Chrome Mac, Safari Mac, and both desktop and mobile on Chrome Android. No checkbox.

And no prompt for dedicated “app”. If that just means a screen widget, then same difference anyway…

I will go get my daughter’s iPhone now…

0 Likes

This feature also has to be enabled on a per-category basis, so if @DRow hasn’t enabled it for the category your thread is in, you won’t see that functionality.

2 Likes

Screenshot_Chrome_Dev_20190318-141125

Dedicated “app”:
Menu > Add to Home screen

Mark-as-solution button:
Can be seen just to the left of the like button in topics you created. Most likely the issue is what @Brandon_Martus mentioned if you do not see it.

1 Like

Off topic, but that’s an old thread you have pulled up there! Emailing GDC response. I recognize that one.

I really have no idea why that’s not showing up for you, sorry.

0 Likes

@Brandon_Martus what is best etiquette to ask him? Message, post, or just wait after this topic. I imagine he is kinda busy. Probably you are too …

This one? I just started it? Day-of-month vs year?

0 Likes

@DRow Please comment on this matter.

There you go. Done.

1 Like

I’ve enabled it for this category.

@rhowbot Was there one category in particular that it’s missing from?

2 Likes

TYVM

I will probably only be posting in the various Vex IQ General Discussion categories, and will only find out if it is enabled when I start a topic, so … till then, best.

Do I just call out like

did?

0 Likes

Sometimes explicitly mentioning DRow in a public post is appropriate. Sometimes a private message is more appropriate. It all depends on the situation; there isn’t a single “correct” way to do it.

2 Likes