How do you do a print to screen on the cortex control subsystem

i want to check if something will go through a loop when i do an input to the cortex transmitter but to do that i would need both the usb programming thing in and the vex flash drive to connect the transmitter to the controller so it will recieve input to go through the loop and tell me if it works, is there a way to do this i just tried to see if it worked if i plugged the programming module directly into the transmitter but that didn’t work either, please help

are you trying to do this in easyc or robotc?

You are trying to send Commands from the VEXnet Joystick to the Cortex Controller.

You can not have both the VEXnet USB Adapter Key and the USB A-A Cable connected at the same time.

You must be using the New USB A-A Cable for programming your Cortex.

If you have the Older Programming cable, you can connect it to the Serial Port on the VEXnet Joystick, and use the USB A-A Cable or the VEXnet USB Adapter Keys connecting the VEXnet Joystick to the Cortex Controller.

I don’t know of a way to do what you want. If you have the Vex LCD Screen, you can display information on it.

thank you for helping, i didn’t know you could connect the old programming module to the transmitter, i connected using the usb flash drive between the transmitter and the controller then i connected the old programming module to the transmitter and i got a response thank you once again for helping

Your Welcome…

Also, I think that Option is shown on the bottom of Page 7 of the VEX Cortex Microcontroller/VEXnet Joystick User Guide.